Terms & Conditions
This website www.almadinatakaful.com, is owned by ALMADINA INSURANCE, (hereinafter referred to as ‘we’ or ‘us’ or the ‘Company’ as the context may require).
Using the website indicates that you have read and understood these terms and accept these terms (without qualification) regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us or purchase any products from us. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the website.
These terms may be revised at any time by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current terms.
- You may access most areas of the Website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of the Website are for registered users only.
- Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated conditions or terms located on particular pages at the Website.
2. Copyright and Trademarks
- You are permitted to print and download extracts of the Website for your own use on the following basis:
- No documents or related graphics on the Website are modified in any way;
- No graphics on the Website are used separately from the corresponding text; and
- The Company’s copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
- Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by the Company or its licensors. For the purposes of these conditions of use, any use of extracts from the Website other than in accordance with clause 2.1 for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in these conditions of use, your permission to use the Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the Website.
- Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on this Website without the written permission of the Company. Your use of the trademarks displayed on this Website, or any other content on this website, except as provided herein, is strictly prohibited. Images displayed on this Website are either the property of, or used with the permission by the Company. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by the Company. Any unauthorized use of images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- Subject to clause 2.1, no part of the Website may be reproduced or stored on any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without the Company’s prior written permission.
- The Company reserves all rights, with the exception of those expressly granted in these terms and conditions.
3. Product availability
- While the Company shall endeavor to provide useful details about various products and services on the Website, the information may change from time to time, please note the following which shall apply at all times:
- Any product or service description on the Website is not intended to constitute an offer to sell or solicitation in connection with such product or service.
- The Company does not represent or warrant that all of its products or services shall be available at all of its offices, at all times.
4. Service Access
- While the Company endeavors to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, the Company shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time.
- Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the event of system failure, maintenance or repair, or for reasons beyond the Company’s control.
5. Internet access
- The Company does not assume any liability for timely, trouble-free and uninterrupted access to the internet.
6. Visitor Material and Conduct
- Unless expressly acknowledged to the contrary by the Company, any material you transmit or post to the Website shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. The Company shall have no obligations with respect to such material. The Company and its designees shall be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use material such as data, images, sounds and text embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Website any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party (including but not limited to intellectual property rights), in any country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
- The Company shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the Company to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of clause 6.2 or clause 6.3.
7. Health Information
- Any information on the Website about health or healthcare does not constitute medical advice and the Company shall not be liable for any circumstances arising from the use, misuse, interpretation or application of any such information.
- You shall not use any information on the Website, whether in whole or in part, for the purposes of diagnosis or treatment or any kind of illness.
8. Links to and From Other Websites and Indemnity
- Links to third party websites on the Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. The Company does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. The Company therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- If you would like to link to the Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of the Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- You do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the ‘AMI’ logo and/or any product logo on the Website.
- You do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Website.
- You do not in any way imply that the Company is endorsing any products or services other than its own.
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with the Company or present any other false information about the Company.
- You do not otherwise use any AMI and/or any product trademarks displayed on the Website without express written permission from the Company.
- You do not link from a website that is not owned by you.
- Your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person, or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- The Company expressly reserves the right to revoke the right granted in clause 8.2 for breach of these terms and to take any action it deems appropriate, including legal action.
- You shall fully indemnify, defend and hold the Company and its affiliates, business partners, officers, directors, employees and agents from any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage, or expense (including reasonable legal fees) asserted by any third party relating in any way to your use of this website or breach of its Terms.
- Each registration is for a single user only. The Company does not permit you to share your username and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.
- The user maintains full responsibility for the security of any usernames or passwords issued or used.
- While the Company endeavors to ensure that the information on the Website is correct to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, the Company disclaims any guarantee or warranty about the accuracy and completeness of the material on the Website (including, without limitation, any information about its products or services). The Company may make changes to the material on the Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and the Company makes no commitment to update such material.
- The material on the Website is provided “as is”, without any guarantees or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company provides you with the Website on the basis that the Company excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which, but for these conditions of use, might have effect in relation to the Website.
- The Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of IPR, and fitness for a particular purpose. Company does not warrant that the Website and its contents will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. The Company does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use, of the materials on this Website in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. The information and descriptions contained herein are not necessarily intended to be complete descriptions of all applicable terms, exclusions and conditions and are provided solely for general informational purposes. Please refer to the actual policy or the relevant product or services agreement.
- You hereby acknowledge that you have not relied and will not rely upon any representation of fact or opinion contained in the Website in relation to any current or future agreement you have or will have with the Company or any third party.
- The Company, its affiliates and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, disclaim all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party, including without limitation, any indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, business interruption arising from or connected in any way to, the Website, its materials or contents in any way, such as due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website.
- If your use of material on the Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
- Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall the Company or any party involved in creating, producing, or delivering this Website be liable to you for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this Website, even if the Company or a Company’s authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall Company’s total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this website.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These conditions of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Sultanate of Oman. Disputes arising in connection with the conditions of use shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Oman Courts.
- Unless otherwise expressly set forth herein, the Company makes no representation that materials on this Website are appropriate or available for use in any location. Except as expressly set forth herein, the information contained on this Website is not an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy any security, insurance product or other product or service offered by the Company. No such security, insurance product or other product offered or sold by Company will be effective in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation, purchase or sale would be unlawful under the applicable laws.
What information is collected / submitted:
- Personal and contact information- Typically, for offering you insurance products and services, and/ or to enable you to get in touch with us through our ‘contact us’ page, we would require that you provide us your personal and contact details such as – name, date of birth, address, mobile number and email.
- Risk information- Depending on type of policy you are looking for we may also request that you provide us – vehicle, home, health details, family member details, travel information etc.
- Cookies (site usage) information- Through cookies, we also collect information on the way you use the Website. This is done primarily to enhance user experience. Our cookies collect [•] information from the device you use to access our website. Cookies are small encrypted files, that the Website transfers to the device through which you access our Website.
- Payment Information-If you have chosen to make online payment against your new insurance policy or renewal of an existing policy, you will be required to enter your internet banking, credit card or debit card details on the Website.
For the sake of brevity the aforementioned person and contact information, risk information, payment information and cookies information shall be referred to as “Personal information”.
- Please make sure that any Personal Information you share with us is accurate and upto date. If you share any Personal Information on behalf of a third person, you warrant that you are authorized to do so. If you share inaccurate, false or out dated Personal Information we reserve the right to suspend/ terminate any policies issued to you or disclaim any liability or responsibility under the policy which is issued by relying on such faulty information.
What do we do with your Personal Information?
We use the Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to evaluate the risk involved in issuing you a new policy or renewing your existing policy;
- to conduct background verification in order to verify your details and also to prevent and detect fraud;
- to provide you the insurance products and if required, to assist you with any support you may need;
- for creation or development of business intelligence or data analytics in relation to the products or services provided by us ;
- to improve our products and services;
- to maintain and manage your account and insurance policies on our Website;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to provide you information / offers that we believe may interest you;
- for internal record keeping; and
- to comply with our contractual or legal obligations.
Whom do we Share Your Information With?
We do not sell, rent, share, distribute, lease or otherwise provide your Personal Information to third parties, without your prior consent. However, we may disclose your Personal Information to the following entities:
- Affiliates: We may provide your Personal Information to our affiliates to enable them to service you or your requests (on our behalf) or to enable them to use the information (on our behalf) for the purposes mentioned in this policy;
- Reinsurers and Third Party Administrators: These organizations help us provide you insurance products and also help us honor claims that may be raised on your insurance policies;
- Legal and Regulatory Authorities: We may disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with our legal obligations/ court orders/ requests by Govt. authorities.
Storage and Transfer of your Information
- We store your Personal information on our secured servers. We may transfer it to our affiliates, service providers, reinsurers and third party administrators, as described above (hereafter collectively referred to as “Affiliates”) who may be located outside Oman in countries including India or the UAE.
Our Security Measures
- We always ensure we and our Affiliate, store your Personal Information securely. Although we attempt to take requisite precautionary measures, we cannot warrant the security of any Personal Information as these systems are not hack proof. Data pilferage due to unauthorized hacking, virus attacks, technical issues is possible, and we assume no liability or responsibility for it. You are required to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking for your personal information.
How long do we retain Personal Information
Accessing, correcting or modifying information
- In certain countries, an individual may have the right to access, correct, object to the use of, or request deletion or suppression of Personal Information on certain grounds. Please contact us about any such requests or if you have any questions or concerns about how we process Personal Information. Please note that some Personal Information may be exempt from access, correction, objection, deletion or suppression rights in accordance with local privacy and data protection laws.
- The Website is not intended for use or access by individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Website.